The Friends of the Edington
Hospital, North Berwick

The Edington Hospital, North Berwick

Construction of the Hospital was made possible by a bequest from Miss Elizabeth Edington of Ethandune, Dirleton Court, North Berwick. Building work commenced in 1912 and the Hospital was officially opened in 1913.

 

The hospital was formally taken over on the formation of the NHS and, today, it is run as an NHS hospital by Lothian Health Board. The hospital has nine beds and provides medical care for a range of chronic conditions, mobility problems, respite and end of life care. The hospital also operates a minor injuries department.

 

There are 10 nursing staff, 8 clinical support staff and 4 domestic staff. Some staff are part time.